I am buying a $2200.00 vacumn cleaner... am I crazy? Have you ever bought one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ha ha sounds crazy to me. Ours was only $60 (on sale) and it works great!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• This one is a Kirby with a carpet shampoo attachment... does sound crazy though but the people was pulling dirt from places that were previously vacumned and I was kinda amazed :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Kirby's are great, but not worth 2200 bucks. I have had one, and the attachments are such a pain to use, I never did. If you want a great vacuum, buy a Dyson, and you'll spend a lot less, and get a better vacuum, IMHO.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I love my Dyson, personally. Its held up much better than any of the cheaper vacuums out there. Its just as good today as it was 3 or 4 years ago when I bought it. I paid just under $500. I would never pay more for a vacuum now.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• lol... I wish cafemom was on mobile so I could have asked before I signed the papers lastnight.
    Anonymous

• You may have 3 days to cancel the contract, read over it, and see.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Holy crap, even for a Kirby that's a lot. I've never seen a Kirby sell for that much, even with all the bells & whistles. My SIL just paid $300 cash for a used Kirby with all the extra attatchments, the guy said he paid $900 brand new for the whole kit & kaboodle. I think you got ripped off, even with the shampooer. Sorry. A friend of mine just bought a Rainbow for $1900 with all but the shampooer, which is a $300 peice.
    Anonymous

• We just bought a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum for $250 and it's awesome. My husband wanted a Dyson, but I read so many bad reviews abou the motor burning out within a year, so we decided to go with the bissell.

$2200 is way too much for a vacuum.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My Kirby w/shampooer was 1500 in 1998. I still use it. I have bought other vaccuums because they were lighter. But I have always gone back to my Kirby. I have less dust & allergy attacks when I use versus any other vaccuum that I have tried.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I have a Kirby, I spent more money than I care to think on it and yeah, it's great with an awesome warranty but unless you have a fully carpeted house, it's not worth it. We had all carpeting, remodeled and now only 2 bedrooms have carpeting and eventually we plan to change that. The Kirby is a pain to use on the hard wood floor.
    Anonymous