I am just wondering how many moms don't take their kids trick or treating and your reason why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't take my kids - religious reasons.

We do have fun doing other things, like baking pumpkin pies, making fall leave collages, etc.
    Anonymous

• I don't, because they don't need all the candy. I see no reason for them to go out begging for crap candy that I'll throw half away because it's cheap junk or half-opened or something. They do get a little baggie of treats from each set of grandparents & a couple of family friends, which is more than enough, and from their Sunday school teachers. I just think it's a waste of time and money, and we have better things to do than that. They don't miss it, and don't care - because their friends are jealous of what WE did instead.
    Anonymous

• We're not this year. My DD is sick and developed a fever yesterday. I bought candy (what WE like, not what she would get trick or treating) and a couple of kids Christmas movies and that's what we're doing tonight.

I do feel bad that they have to miss it this year, even if they don't get much and we only go to a few houses, the experience is fun. I missed it one year as a kid because I was hanging out with a friend who was in the hospital. It turned out to be one of the best Halloweens I ever had.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You guys all have some great ideas to do with the kids instead of going trick or treating... that is awesome!
    Anonymous

• I wish we didn't go. My husband likes it. The kids like it. So, sigh, I go.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Nope, don't go. I never felt very comfortable taking my kids out around a neighborhood knocking on doors for candy. My girls are 17 and 12 and now I have 3 year old son, he HATES masks, so there is no way I am going to traumatize him. :-)
    Anonymous