Thoughts on Halloween being scary because of all the warnings?

Curious what other moms think of this. I have to agree with it, although checking the candy for torn wrappers has become so ingrained from my own childhood I don't think its something I can give up - its too easy to say sorry son, that Reese's peanut butter cup looks iffy... better let me dispose of it :)

An opinion piece:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lenore-skenazy/as-goes-halloween-so-goes_b_340163.html

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Holidays

• I do the standard check. Melted, simi-open candy gets pitched. We live in a very small town where we all know each other and kids, so I have no concern that any of the candy won't be safe to eat.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• What warnings? Nothing new here and I don't read the Puffington Host. Just take your regular precautions and don't be a fuddy duddy. Check out a church celebration if you don't want to take your child trick or treating.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Actually, the article is about how parents are overprotective and fearful of their children being poisoned by dangerous neighbors - despite this never happening before.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We went to a neighborhood downtwon Trick or treating area- all from stores, then the mall and the kids had a great time and i know the candy is all safe :D
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 12:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2009