I am breastfeeding and think we have thrush....

Who do i call for medication? His pedi? my Ob? my regular dr?

MamaDiedrich

Asked by MamaDiedrich at 12:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Any of the above can help you. But do it ASAP, you don't want it to get worse, trust me! It hurts bad if it gets bad!
    Anonymous

• Call your ob. Does your baby have yellow spots on his tongue/roof of mouth? That's a pretty good tell-tale sign.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 12:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You don't NEED to see anyone. Start taking probiotics (both of you) and treat with gentian violet. Here's info on different treatments: http://www.kellymom.com/newman/c-candida_protocol.html

If you want to see a doctor, you will have to go to both your and your childs doctor because you both need to be treated. They will give you anti-fungal cream. I wouldn't let that stuff near my child... but that's just me!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my son had thrush REALLY BAD his tongue was white, he could also have spots on the inside of his lips or on the roof of his mouth.
    . call his pediatrician.
    axandra85

Answer by axandra85 at 2:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009