Im not sure what to do?

Okay I've never had a yeast infection so when I started itching down there I was told thats what it could be. So I went to the doctor and they said since I wasnt having discharge or itching THAT BAD to just go home and if it gets worse to call and theyd prescribe me something. Im still itchy but its not constant and its not all that bad. Im 32 weeks. I dont want to chance going into labor with a yeast infection that would make my baby sick. Could the itching me something else? Could I be opening up or something? Should I call and get meds anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd request a test to see if it is in fact a yeast infection. Sometimes pregnancy itself can make it itch down there, you can always just get some of the anti-itch cream designed for that area, there were times earier in my pregnancy where I was itching badly without a yeast or other infection! But Yeast Infections haven't been known to cause pre-term labor.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i'm not sure if they can do any test besides the PH test, and with yeast infections, the ph stays normal... yeast infections are very very itchy and burny, at least they get that way after a couple of days.

you could insert garlic vaginally because that will not do any harm and if it is the mild beginnings of a yeast infection, it could kill it right off the bat, without it having to get bad enough for the drs to give you meds! also garlic can kill GBS. google garlic vaginally to treat yeast infection for instructions and info.

sometimes during pregnancy your ph balance wil get off from hormones and make you itchy, yogurt vaginally can be good for that.

good luck! i have a yeast infection right now and let me tell you it SUCKS!
    Anonymous

• oh and PP is right that a yeast haven't been known to cause pre-term labor but when you do have your baby, you are right, baby could get the yeast infection which could cause nursing problems and rash for baby
    Anonymous