Do you hate it when people come to your door preaching about their God?

Ugh! These Mormon and Jehova(sp) people keep coming to my house. We don't want to hear about THEIR religion. But they just keep talking and bugging us and coming back. If we ignore the door they come back later. WTF I want to slap these people or sic my dog on them or something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YESSS!! i hate it ..i finally had to get nasty with the woman and tell her we were not interested AT ALL!!..you might need to dothis.good luck!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I asked this question a while back... it annoys the heck out of me because they don't go away when you ask them the first time... I said punch in my question and some people got all offended but this is how they make me feel.

I am with you on this one.
    Anonymous

• just don't answer the door. pretty simple.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Did you not read the post thehairnazi? she said she ignores the door and they come back. They do this to me too. Except I ignore the door and they come back and come back and come back until someone finally gets tired of them coming everyday and tells them we're not interested AGAIN.... But of course they leave their magazines and COME BACK uuuuuuuuuugh
    Anonymous

• Yea i hate it but i dont answer the door. I have a peep hole so i look before i open. haha. those people are so annoying and dumb
    Anonymous

• It was really bad when we first moved here, but they've calmed down a lot. I always answer the door and tell them they have the wrong house. Ignoring them seems to make them more determined. When my oldest son was a baby, the JWs came constantly and kept waking him up. I printed up a sign for my door that said:

"I'm not buying what you're selling, so take your product, religion, or politics elsewhere.
    **Girl Scout cookies OK!**"

That stopped it completely.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Ha ha I feel ya! I just try not to answer the door, but if I accidentally do, thinking its someone else, I just politely say, "Sorry I'm already saved or sorry not interested and shut the door in their face." They leave. I am a Christian and do not push my religion on anyone, but I just don't see how they can not take it personally everyone slamming the door in their face all the time. One time one of them wouldn't leave and my husband got angry and told the guy he was about to call the cops.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Oh, or you could just answer the door naked. LOL, I bet that'd scare them off.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

Or make them show up more often. ;)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• lol, they dont come to my house anymore.last one was a JW and I opened the door and was very nice to him.But I told him that my husband wasnt home, he was in prison for murder.The guy looked stunned, and ask what was he in prison for , I told him that my husband killed the mormons that came during the summer.lol, he tripped over the trash bags on my porch backing up to leave.lol, that was 7 years ago.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2009