Why defend Fox news?

Granted, the Obama admin looks a little silly with the back and forth, but really, do you seriously think Fox news (yes, news, not their commentators) is poorly researched, hyperbolic, and so selective in their reporting that they cannot be taken seriously.

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would defend any media outlet. Even if I didn't watch them. I don't watch MSNBC, but they are a news outlet and have every right to question and report what they find relevant. I have every right to not watch it if I don't agree.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I would defend MSNBC right to be considered a news outlet as much as I do FOX.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I find that the people talking like this about Fox tend to be people who have never really watched the NEWS programs but are just parroting what they hear from others. I defend Fox because it is just as biased one way as EVERY OTHER station is the other. How can YOU defend stations that blatantly refuse to run news stories that reflects in any way negatively on their candidate?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I happen to disagree. There are people who work for the media here on CM that say there news is highly respected, too. Now I don't watch the news, I read it from a couple of different sites, and I think this whole feud thing makes the administration look less mature than my ten year old. Bush got bashed on a daily basis and handled it better, IMO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• do you seriously think Fox news (yes, news, not their commentators) is poorly researched, some stories yes, others, no hyperbolic, occasionally and so selective in their reporting that they cannot be taken seriously. NO.

The same could be said of ALL news stations, radio news, newspapers, and news magazines.  There are many poorly researched stories, sensationalism runs wild in ALL news, opinions are published as facts, and many reporters and stations push personal agendas.

Going by your standards listed above, NO news reporting can be taken seriously.  They all have flaws. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Bush got bashed on a daily basis and handled it better, IMO.

CBS admitted error over Bush memos. Errors they KNEW before releasing the story. But they released the story anyway. Did Bush and his administration behave like 5 year olds? Nope. They DID refuse one on one interviews with NY Times, but that is pretty common. BO has been doing that to FOX since the O'Reilly interview during the campaign? The Bush admin did not wage a campaign AGAINST a news outlet.  How foolish and immature of the BO admin. This all out campaign by the Obama administration to marginalize FOX (and even Edmunds.com??) is childish and inappropriate behavior by the EXECUTIVE BRANCH of our Government. It makes the Obama Admin look foolish, weak, and immature. President Obama?  Your inexperience is showing!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The BS coming out of the WH is poorly researched, hyperbolic, and selective.  They just got busted for releasing job numbers that turned out to be false.  Hope you are screaming at the White House for lying to you.  lol

CNN and CBS are critical of the White House's attempt to marginalize Fox.  That should tell you something. 

Anonymous

• I agree with you!

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• President Obama? Your inexperience is showing!!!

YES

Anonymous

• older

Do you defend MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or ABC?

Anonymous