What is a good nipple for bottle feeding

I am trying to find a nipple that is closest to the breast nipples so that my baby can go off the bottle strike

Asked by allihawalters at 3:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We tried every kind of nipple out there. My DD will only take the laytex nipples that come with the drop-in's. I love using the bottles b/c you don't have to worry about cleaning the bottle out and the stains that get into bottles.

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 3:57 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• we use dr. brown's nipples. they are the best for spitty babies.

Answer by proudmama1207 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Dr Browns, Soothie or Playtex Ventaire are all good "breast-shaped" bottles.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I have tried ALL kinds of bottles out there for my son and he only preffered one!
    It was a Playtex VentAir Wide. (nipple resembles the width of a breast) But he hates the silicone nipples it came with, they were tinted blue and very hard.. So after many many many trips to Babies R Us, i found a latex nipple ( it's brown instead of clear ). if i recall correctly, it's made for Playtex drop-ins, but fits Playtex VentAir wide perfect. This nipple was so much softer, much like a mom's nipple, it fit his little mouth perfect, and it never leaked under the chin.. They make 2 or 3 different flows, so it worked well up untill 1st b-day.
    He hated the regular ventAir bottles ( skinny ones ) he would only take the Wide.

Answer by newmommyy322 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Avent. Honestly I love them. My baby girl was breastfed for 3 weeks and I switched over to Avent with no problems. :)

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Hello! My son only takes Playtex NaturaLatch (the ones with the drop-ins system). I have tried a bunch of different ones in the beginning because I received a few sets at the shower and he only liked that kind.

Answer by KatieFlower at 6:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I use the Playtex Drop Ins, with the soft nipples. My daughter never gets air in her tummy with these ones!

Answer by Robin_Ayla at 6:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• The only nipple my son would take after i stopped breastfeeding was the Soothie brand. I tried literally every brand out there, The Soothie bottle uses the same nipple as the pacifers the hospitals use. The are affordable and very convenient!!! The lid snaps on to the bottom of the bottle so you dont lose it during feedings.

Answer by teeniepebbles at 6:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I use the Playtex VentAire and I love them and so does my son. They really cut back on the air intake which is better for the both of us.

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Second Nature. The nipples have lots of smaller holes rather than one big one so the baby has to suck to get milk just like breastfeeding. We got ours at Target.

Answer by rasbneon at 10:55 PM on Jun. 24, 2008