What time do you start trick or treating?

I hear a bunch of ppl on other message boards saying between 6-7pm til about 8. Here in my area, Burlington County NJ, little kids start around 3:30 or 4pm all the way to 9pm. The older kids usually wait til like 5 or 6 and also stay out til 9. So what is it like where you live? What time do the gobblins come out? lol.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We got out from 6-8 here in Williamsport, PA.

It's raining right now though :o(
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Trick or treating here has set hours between 2 and 6 pm. We are going to head out soon and try to beat the rain! Happy Halloween!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• tiffers, I'm so glad you asked this question. I grew up in Bergen County, NJ. This was a long time ago, but we wore our costumes to school and trick or treated on our way home from school. Then we had dinner and went out again after dinner for about an hour or so. I moved to St. Louis at age 12, and was surprised that no one went out until dark, and they all thought I was crazy to suggest going out after school, or even going out at all at age 12. It's been so long now that I thought I must have imagined the early trick or treating. I've lived in central Texas now for 15 years, and it is also around 6 - 9 here. I'm so glad that my happy memories of trick or treating are real!
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Hopefully around 5 or 6 after I get off work. We go for a while, then go visit family and go to the halloween carnivals afterwards... such a busy night :) HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• the younger kids 5pm older ones don't come down our drivway we have people drive around due to everyone has mile long drivways
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well apparently we're all off on the right time. I have kids coming to my door already and its only 3...I dont have any candy to give out until my fiance gets home @ like 3:45. I feel rly bad now, cause its all the younger kids.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• we're going out when my hubby comes home from work around 4:30-5. He's very excited to spend some time with the kids since he's been working crazy hours all week.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It is so interesting to see how the festivities differ by location. Here in Ca we don't start until dark and porch lights go out by 9 usually. We do get a few tiny kids before dark. I wish it was longer.

Loved the question Tiffers. My sisters name is Tiffany and we call her Tif or Tiffy....

Have fun Trick-or-Treating and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2009