When should I worry if I do not feel my son moving?

I am 25 weeks along and had been feeling him move a lot.Yesterday around 1:30pm I felt him move 1 time and that has been it. Should I call my Dr? Should I be worried something is wrong?

amygraves21

Asked by amygraves21 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you felt him move at all since then?

Lay on your left side drink some OJ and see if that gets him moving and if not then yes call you Dr.
    Anonymous

• yes call your dr...any decrease in movement could mean there is a problem
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• He has not moved since then. I'll call the Dr and while I'm waiting for them to call back I'll try the juice to see if that gets him going.

Thanks
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Drink cold juice or ice cold water and lay down on your side for 20-30 minutes and see if he moves, if not go to the hospital.

But it's also not uncommon to not feel movement at 25 weeks for a day or even a few days at a time, sometimes baby faces inwards rather than outwards or makes movements against the placenta that you just don't feel even though he is still moving.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Sometimes we are so busy that we don't notice the movement. Lay down relax drink the juice and see if that works

good luck mama
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The doctor told me to not start counting movements untill you are around 28 weeks

Anonymous

• So I had the on call person paged for my Ob-GYN and they want me to come in to the hospital to be monitored. I am scared, what can I or should I expect?
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• UPDATE

I went to the Hospital on Oct 31, my Dr admitted me because of the lack of Fwtal movement and because my amniotic fluid was at a level of 4. IVs got it back to 11 in under 24 hours and level 15 by noon yesterday. My son was havind what the call D cell moments where he would dropp his heart rate down to nothing while I was there. So I was put on a steriord shot to mature his lungs faster and heparin to prevent clots. I was released at noon yesterday and sent to see a specialist by 2pm yesterday, he said that all look well and I would have to be seen every 2 weeks by my Dr and 2 week by hi untill I get closer to due and then 2 to 3 times aweek at my dr and weekly with him. Well I am going back to bed I just wanted to do a quick update since its been over 3 days.
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 3, 2009

• So my DS was born via emergency C Section at 5:56pm on Dec 17,2009 , weighing 3lbs 4oz and was 15 1/2in long.
    His due date was originally today 2/14/10
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010