Metafomin

Anyone on metafomin...what are the good/bad side effects. I was told my thyroid test was normal even though the test they use is only 30 percent accurate, that my internal/external ultrasound and blood tests for PCOS was normal. But they told me I was insulin resistant and going on metafomin on Monday. Just curious the side effects. The doctor also said this could be a result of either disease though I am showing normal tests and that this should help with my symptoms.

pagirl71

Asked by pagirl71 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Health

• Metformin should be taken with food or else you could end up with painful intestinal cramps, gas and possibly diarrhea. I take mine twice a day, with breakfast and again with dinner.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009