how many kds to have

I really have always wanted a lot of kids like 4-6 and my husband only wants the baby we just had and one more. He said he is thinking about 3 kids but I am so afraid that he is not going to want 3 and I am going to be left feeling like I am missing something. I am also afraid it may hurt our relationshp.

GOT2LOVEME

Asked by GOT2LOVEME at 1:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree that children are tons of work. I don't know you so I'm not saying you can't do it but children are a lot to handle. We have two and it's so much to do. I love them both more than anything in the world but we have all we need. You should just give yourself the recovery time then start to think about when you want another one. Most women I know have changed their minds about the number they are going to have once they really get into parenting one or two.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• How old is the one you have? I ask because what you want and what you can handle may end up being two very different things. Several kids is a TON of work with endless sacrifice and if DH isn't on board, that is a problem. Wait and see after you have your second to decide if you must have six. Kids are amazing but incredibly stressful and a lifetime commitment.
    Anonymous

• Take it one at a time. I have never really understood deciding ahead of time how many kids you will have. Not that you can't dream or think about it, but I wouldn't worry about being set on a certain number at this point. Either you or your husband could change your mind as time passes!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Don't worry about how many you are going to have until after each one.

If you want to give each one the best and breastfeed at least 12 months, 2 years is what's recommended. The World Health Organization says you should wait 3 years before ttc for your body to recover for the optimal health of you and your babies.

If you took really good care of yourself and have vaginal births 3 years is optimal child spacing. I've known people in La Leche League with 6 kids about 3 years apart.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Take it one at a time you never know he may change his mind.
    We are going to have 6 kids :) We both want a huge family
    Anonymous