I thought my water broke last night but i didnt go into labor

I woke up with horrid pains in my stomach, i had ice cream and i'm lactose intolerant so i ended up on the can. anyways i peed twice while i was going but it was more of a rush than my usual trickle so i thought maybe my water had broken

but if my water had broken wouldnt i have gotten horrid contractions and started labor? nothing happened after that so i can only assume i just peed.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most likely you would have started labor. not necessarily horrid contractions. lol. but most likely you would have gone into labor. not necessarily though. if you really do still think your water broke, you can call your midwife/OB to ask about it, because if your water is broken for a couple of days without labor starting there is a (small) risk of infection. but most likely it was just urine shooting out with the extra pressure from your bowel movement :) gl!
    Anonymous

• did you hear/feel a pop? if not then it didnt break
    Anonymous

• When your water breaks it can gush or just be a slight trickle. Your baby needs amniotic fluid to survive, so when your water breaks, the fluid replenishes itself. This means when your water breaks it's not a one time deal, it's constant because the fluid continually replenishes. If it initially gushes, it will continue to do so every few minutes until you deliver...if it trickles, it will continue to do so every few minutes until you deliver.

The pain and contractions are all relative. Each woman's labor is different. When my water broke, it gushed. My contractions just felt like Braxton Hicks until about 7 hours later, then that's why the pain really kicked in for me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'm not worried and I have an appointment first thing monday morning anyways, but i'm just so confused. You'd think water gushing out of your vagina would be un mistakable!!! and i would be in labor if it did break, there's no way.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• That is not true your water can break without labor starting. Mine broke at 8am not labor until almost 5 that night some women even go longer
    Anonymous

• i did not hear a pop and i figured i'd trickle out something else if it was broken, undies have been dry though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• SO doesn't want a halloween baby, that was his only request of me. he's been telling me for months. so at 2am last night he was like REALLY?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Labor contractions aren't always horrid. Thats why some women end up having babies at home. They are waiting for the horrible pain to come. The feel like they have to go to the bathroom and the baby starts coming out. My my mom didn't know she was in labor with my sister and just made it to the hospital in time for a rapid breech birth. I was 5 and I remember it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i didn't hear a pop when my water broke. only some women do. yeah i would just mention it at the monday appt but it sounds like pee to me :)
    Anonymous

• That advice about the pop is silly. Like I said before, my water gushed...to the point I walked into the hospital with a towel between my legs...and there was never a pop.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2009