Is this your idea of debating?

I always thought that debating was expresssing our own personal opinion and others doing the same. Some ladies in here seem to think that since I keep debating my point, I don't accept others opinion. Just want to clarify, accepting others opinions does not mean I need to agree with you, neither do you have to agree with me. Last time I posted, I was called a pervert, obssessed, a lesbian. foolish and the list is rather long. Then I get acussed after never once belittling or going for the personal attack, of not accepting others opinion, they are yours not mine. Others insult and belittle and I get the blame for it.
I make a point in everyone of my replies that I am respectful never insulting or demeaning, and I get acussed of it anyway? I don't let the troll remarks against me get to me, most of the time I gnore them or report them

Asked by older at 2:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • IM LOVING YOU OLDER..LOL even if you ask simple advice questions the women on here feel the need to still come with bitchy comments and rather give you advice they turn your question into a whole new subject just to start an arguement or prove their right and your not..i just had this problem in one of my previous posts.These women will come back over and over again to reply to you and be ignorant when all the while your SIMPLE question is not being answered an internet arguement is going on and their replying anonymous anyway so whats the point?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Defenition of debate: A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition, nowhere in the defenition does it include insulting or degrading the opponents point of view, something of which I take great pride in!

Answer by older at 2:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• if you accepted the 'opposing' viewpoints, then you wouldn't feel the need to post incessantly about it, now would you? every time you post something on gay rights, it comes from the tone of 'can you believe the audacity of some people?"

i for one could care less about other people's sexual orientation--i have several life long friends who are gay among my 'inner circle!" there is so much more to a person than who they are attracted to! and i'll bet you never gave the gay communtiy a second thought until you were personally faced with the issue.

i'm sure you have a lot of other interests, but all we see of you is your forcing the subject of gay rights in nearly every single post, and quite frankly, it gets tiring and rather boring.
    Anonymous

• People who tend to use absolute terms to defend their side of the opinion and do NOT back up their claim, lose credibility. It's ok to do it, IF you can back it up.  Take this [general] statement: Most people want him out of office ONLY because he is gay......~If you are going to own a statment like that... Defend it. Back it up. Prove it.  :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Anon, if pointing out what is happening in the gay world is forcing the subject then I am guilty, this is my world, this is what I do with my life, I am sorry if this upsets you, it needs to be talked about, exposed and their stories be told, a lot of people do not know the inhumanity of this sector, you can always stay away from my post, but there is always an attraction to come and insult, isn't it?
    It is funny how you can identify the tone I take through the computer screen, is this an added feature in your computer?
    If it gets tiring and rather boring you have the option to pass it by and not click, but you do just to tell me how boring and tiring it is.

Answer by older at 3:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• So whats your question now Older? I don't see one. What I do see is your ranting because someone doesn't agree with you.
    wewerepunked

Answer by wewerepunked at 3:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Honestly, older I have never seen you accept that someone else could have an opinion that's different from yours. Do you ever say something like, "yes I see your point." As far as I've seen you do not. You continue to say "but, but..." and you argue until people want to take out a gun and go postal. "Debating" with you is less productive than debating with brick wall.

Anonymous

• Older- I really enjoy your posts. Thank you for having the balls to speak up for what you believe.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Older- don't ever stop speaking your mind. You say what I feel but you put it in much better words. Thank you for standing up against the army of crazy right wing wackos in this section.
    Anonymous

• Older--the truth in your statements is so stinging for some, the only defense they have is sarcasm, cruel insults and backhanded remarks. I know you won't abandon the talks--I'm right there with you and wholeheartedly agree. Many believe the only positive outcome of a debate is having the "other side" agree with them. It is sad to be so close-minded. There are many things I don't agree with--but i simply don't comment because the diatribes are not worth my time or energy. My grandmother has said to me, more than once, you can't argue with fools--she is absolutely right! Those who can't understand the difference between debate and aggressive verbal attacks are fools and cannot be rationalized with. Breathe deep my friend--I just try to ignore the ones who need ignoring, otherwise, I am just feeding into their petty mindless drivel.

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 3:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2009