stay at home? good option?

i'm going to be starting my stay at home "career" two weeks from now but i'm still unsure especially because i know my husband doesn't make that much money. i am so scared but my husband insists that i stay home because i've had so much stress with work, school, a 3 year old and a 6 month old (plus cooking, cleaning, etc. etc.) are there any other SAHMs who has a family that doesn't make much income? what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We struggle. I cut out all the nice things I used to get and just have my internet that costs $17.00 per month. I shop for clothes out of season and on clearance racks, but if my kids need something that is not on clearance I do get it. I make meals that are large enough that we can have leftovers for the next day, I watch for sales at the grocery store, use coupons when I can, we even make our own laundry soap. In the last year the only soap we have bought is for our baby because she has very senstive skin. We had a garden but we planted too late but I think if we do it earlier next year it will help supplement our food. A lot of people knock this life but I'm not willing to work to have all my money go to daycare. Everyone's situation is different but me working would be me working just to pay daycare and I won't do that. When my kids are in school, I'll go back to work. Until then, we make do.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We live off of very little money. I insist upon being a SAHM and it doens't actually make any sense for me to get a job because paying for daycare would easily eat up 90% of whatever I would make. I cook the *vast* majority of our food- garden- can- freeze. I didn't have my own car for years. That was really hard, but worth it. We are very cautious with our money, and every check is spent on paper before it actually is deposited in our bank account. It takes alot of discipline, and the adjustment can be very hard, but its totally worth it.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 4:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2009