Hey Obama, want a way to pay for your healthcare plan and save $54 Billion?

Obama: "No thanks!" I want to make the trial lawyers happy!

PelosiCare bill, pages 1431-1433: "Section 2531 “Medical Liability Alternatives,” establishes an incentive program for states to adopt and implement alternatives to medical liability litigation."

"a state is not eligible for the incentive payments if that state puts a law on the books that limits attorneys’ fees or imposes caps on damages."

Nice huh?

http://biggovernment.com/2009/10/30/pelosi-health-care-bill-blows-a-kiss-to-trial-lawyers/

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 3:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know right.... and the abortion section is supposed to have subsections yet they are not there. Guess that will be added after they vote.

My fave so far is Sec 112 they are bribing businesses with 50,000 dollars to make on site policies at the work site which promote healthy lifestyles. the examples are of course tobacco use Nutrition and my fave encouraging physical activity before, during and after work hours which is effective July 1 2010 :P Hope you like getting up form your desk to do push ups lmao!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Lawmakers could save as much as $54 billion over the next decade by imposing an array of new limits on medical malpractice lawsuits, congressional budget analysts said today — a substantial sum that could help cover the cost of President Obama’s overhaul of the nation’s health system. New research shows that legal reforms would not only lower malpractice insurance premiums for medical providers, but would also spur providers to save money by ordering fewer tests and procedures aimed primarily at defending their decisions in court, Douglas Elmendorf, director of the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, wrote in a letter to Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).”

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Oh, yeah and those supposed "end of care planning" aka "death panels" are still in this bill.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/30/politics/main5460587.shtml

Looks like CBS is trying hard to make a new name for itself!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• As a lib: "That's not in the bill. It's just more rebubs spewing lies and fear mongering. Lies. All lies."

Anonymous

• Hope you like getting up form your desk to do push ups lmao!

***

As long as it doesn't interfere with my smoke break!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Most Democrats in Congress and sue-happy lawyers. They don't want to cut into their cushy profits if their political careers don't work out.
    Anonymous

• The democrats have become the party of lawyers, and we all know how most people view lawyers.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Crissy1213 said - My fave so far is Sec 112 they are bribing businesses with 50,000 dollars to make on site policies at the work site which promote healthy lifestyles. the examples are of course tobacco use Nutrition and my fave encouraging physical activity before, during and after work hours which is effective July 1 2010 :P Hope you like getting up form your desk to do push ups lmao!

What is wrong with promoting healthy lifestyles? God forbid you might have to do a push-up (and no, you won't have to do one at work)l

lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• What is wrong with promoting healthy lifestyles? God forbid you might have to do a push-up (and no, you won't have to do one at work)l

Oh good God! She was being SARCASTIC!!! LOL The point that is concerning though is the government "bribing" businesses to make their employees participate--and in return giving them $50,000 of our taxpaying dollars!!!

If the government is on such healthy kick--why not reinstitute the Presidential Physicial Fitness Awards, and NOT give an award to those who FAIL to make the minimum number of pullups/sit ups, or sprint time cut offs?! I remember stressing about them and NOT passing them for 2 years, and the joy when I did mae it to the top three and got my patch and certificate!!! Oh, and bring back dodge ball and other contact sports--so that the overweight kids can learn to kick it up a notch--you know, so they don't become lazy employees one day!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Forgot to mention, that Obama could "lead the masses" by perhaps quitting smoking?! I mean he has moms going back to school, people buying houses (hopefully that they can actually afford this time). And whatever happened to personal responsibility? How would you feel if your boss told you he wanted a log of your diet and exercise habits in order to get your paycheck? You'd object, and don't tell me you wouldn't! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009