would you still take your kid trick or treating if....

my son has been sick...fever and cough... i told him i did'nt think it was a good idea going trick or treating tonight so i took him to walmart to let him pick out a toy and candy (mainly cuz the weather does'nt look to good) i feel really bad cuz he looks really depressed and is talking about how he wishes he could still go. what would you do?
would you still take him, if its not raining...just for maybe 30 mins?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep him home. Going out will only make him feel sicker in the long run. Besides, if it's a cold or flu he could infect all the other kids he comes in contact with. Keep an eye on that fever!
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 3:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Yes take him out to a few houses. It's halloween momma..
    Anonymous

• I don't see the hurt. As long as it isn't waaaay too cold. If it's sunny or not any lower than the 50's I don't see why not. If he's feeling up to it, just take him to a few houses.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'd keep him home, and have some fun activities for him.
    do some carmel apples, decorate a halloween ginger bread house, make cookies, watch some movies.

If the weather isn't going to be that good, then it might make him feel worse tomorrow or monday. It might be hard, but letting him rest so he can feel better would be better than risking him getting worse. (or someone else getting sick)

Good luck
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 3:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I say no...be courteous to the children who are not sick by not exposing them to what you son has. If you have family in the area then maybe you could just go visit them with a warning to them that he is sick. If my children were running a fever I would keep them at home.
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 3:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I would just take him to a few houses so he gets to do a bit of trick or treating. You can always put a medical mask on him as part of his costume so others don't get sick.
    Anonymous

• Let him go to few houses, just make sure he doesn't lick any of the other kids. :)
    Anonymous

• I guess some would call me a bad momma but its halloween, I would give him some tylenol and take him. At least let him trick or treat to a few houses. It only comes once a year.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• you'll be outside so he won't be on top of other kids(like taking him to the mall)to go trick or treating
    go to a few houses chances are if he hasn't been feeling well he'll want to stop after a little while
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• thats what i was thinking...maybe give some tylenol so his fever is pretty low and go as long as its not rainy. his costume has a mask and he's not really gonna be around other kids...if we go to houses i can grab the candy out of the bowls for him if the people dont hand it out
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 31, 2009