Do you think that this is the right thing to do or am I still letting him control me?

I was going to go out tonight but I am deciding to stay home because I don't want my X-boyfriend to harrass me all night if he decides to go out plus I am afraid of what he will do if I am there. Usually I would agree with someone going out to show the other that they are over them but in my case, he is a little crazy with wanting me back right now... do you think he will feed off of it if I don't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are still under his control. Go out tonight and have fun never mind him. Just make sure that you are not left alone at all and if he gives you a problem do something about it.
    Anonymous

• I am just afraid because last time I went out, he showed up there and then at my house afterwards... I think you are probably right though, if I don't allow myself to be harrassed by him and stay with a crowd that will protect me, I'm sure it might turn out to be a safe and good night.
    Anonymous

• if you change your life to avoid him than he has won. It is your life don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do. If he shows up at your house call the cops. It maybe annoying right now, but always having to wonder if he will be out or not is even more annoying
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Don't change your life because of him but be careful. Don't go anywhere alone and you should be thinking of a restraining order if he shows up where you are and then at your house. Not the signs of a balanced person.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• you cant allow him to dictate when you can and cant go out. I went through a similar situation with my ex, he woulshow up and cause problems when I went out, or show up when I cam home and cause probles, in fact he would harrass me whenever he felt like it...But then I decided I was going to take back MY control..a few calls to the police station and a PPO finally put an end to his bahavior. I know it is not an easy thing to do, but you have to take back what was yours all along and that is control and responsibility for your life. You cant live it to please him or accomadate him...an ex is an ex for a reason...best of luck to you.
    ItsAllFun

Answer by ItsAllFun at 12:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thank you for all your answers... I do want my life back but I think tonight I am going to stay home because I still fear him and the thought of him harrassing me again just makes me sick. I wish he would just move on with his life and leave me alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Restraining order! Get one Monday. DO NOT DELAY. You cannot let him rule you this way.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2009