breastfeedn nd leakn big time!

im breastfeeding and as soon as there is just a little bit of milk in there i start dripping and i usually have to change my breastpad (which doesn't do diddly squat) at least 3 or 4 times a day. are there any solutions to this? i do not want to waste 7 to 8 bucks per box of johnson's booby pads

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tried the re-usable ones? Did you just start breastfeeding? Cause your boobs might regulate and stop leaking so much later on down the road.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• this is my second baby nd ive been BFing for 6 months lol. u wuld thnk i'd kno wat to do by now. re-useable ones doesnt help. it goes straight thru to my clothes.
    Anonymous

• Using 3 or 4 a day is not a lot. You haven't got good reusable ones if they aren't working. You need a bunch of good reusable ones. A whole stack. There are directions online for making your own.

I leaked and would use more like 20 a day in the early weeks. I had to sleep on bath towels. I could squirt milk across the room. My children thought it was funny.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• lol i do too. but it gets annoyn after it stops being funny lol
    Anonymous

• i actually didnt breastfeed but i leaked ALOT after my daughter was born so i actually took reg maxi pads cut them in half and stuck them in my bra! they worked PERFECT! i could go a long time without having to change it.
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Keep in mind, you'll stop leaking eventually. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to regulate the supply, so your leaking will diminish by then.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• it will evn out. by the way when my ds wasborn i was pumping 12-16 ounces every 4 hrs. i saokes thru pads and shirtys like nothing. i didnt stop leaking till he was almost 4 mts, but i had an oversupply
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You're actually doing pretty well if you're only changing three or four times a day.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2009