For those who don't celebrate Halloween because it's a demonic/pagan holiday?

Do you not celebrate Christmas? If you do, what about the fact the birth of Jesus wasn't on Dec 25, but a unkown date (a specific date isn't mentioned in the bible) and his birth DATE was "invented" to correspond with the Pagan winter solstice (Yule) and Dies Natalis Solis Invicti (festival of Sol, the invincible sun god)? That St. Nicholas (Santa) was based on a pagan Nordic myth? I'm NOT talking to those who celebrate it because it's become a American (and other places) holiday, ONLY to those who say that Halloween is a "evil pagan" holiday (which it's not).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• thankfully I'm not one that sees any holiday as evil... and as you say, if your going to call one holiday evil because of it's Pagan roots, you'll have to call Christmas and Easter (among others) out for it to (you really can't pick one holiday to call evil and ignore the others, it's hypocritical).

Personally I don't see what the big deal is about any holiday. Regardless of the origin, MANY holidays have different religious roots than what is celebrated by them today. You really should be celebrating it for cultural reasons, rather than religious.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't celebrate any of the non muslim holdiays ... this includes whether they claim to be religious or secular.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I ask them the same question... I am going trick or treating with my children tonight. BUT I do not condemn others until they condemn me because of course all they see is evil. I say we can ea light in the darkness and dress up as good things :) God bless and Happy Halloween
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Why do we have to do this every holiday seaon??? *sigh*
    Anonymous

• I take my kids trick or treating . I do agree with you I have done research and found that most Chritain holidays were originally pagan. I do feel bad that we more or less stole your holidays, but I also thank you for inventing them, because they are pretty fun. You are also right in the fact that no one knows when Jesus lived or died
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i dont celebrate any holidays
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my fam and i never celebrate any holidays because of their roots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2009