I am going to start homeschooling my children in January, I want to use secular material,not christian,does anyone have a good curriculum idea,

My children are all on the autism spectrum and recieve services for speech therapy

charity410

Asked by charity410 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Many states have virtual charter schools (ours has several), which is still a public school, except the child is taught at home w/a computer & materials supplied by the state. This may be an option for you to check into, if available.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I found secular stuff on Amazon.com. I didnt do one particular curriculum because it wasnt as budget-friendly as buying the various subjects seperately.

There is also a Secular Homeschooling group here on CM and they will have a bunch of info for you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Look in to K12. From what I have heard they have an excelent program and you can taylor it to what you and your child need.

www.K12.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• This is my main thing: http://www.homeschoolfreestuff.com/index.asp
    Not really free though; you have to pay shipping. Also, Google FREE HOMESCHOOL LESSONS
    and things age related, and you can print out a TON of great stuff. Don't forget to check your state's homeschooling laws, too.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009