does anyone else not get excited about anyone else's kids?

i love to hear about my kids and being around them.

but when it comes to other pple's kids like my best friend's kid...i just cant get excited about them. When my cousin posts pics of her kids on facebook, everyone's all "awww so cute and adorable" but i just go right past the pics cause im not all excited about her kids and what they are doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're not alone. If you didn't like your own kids, then I'd say something is wrong. But I think you are normal. I don't go all gaga over other people's kids either. If some do, good for them. I don't hate other people's children but mine are my top priority and they get all my attention and time. I honestly don't know anyone who goes all out for other's kids, relatives or not. So no, I don't think you're weird or mean.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well, you sound super self centered. I get excited about my friend's kids and my relative's kids . . . which are also my relatives.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I always joke "I only like 1. my kid s and 2. my family's kids (aka nieces/nephews)". LOL I just am not a kid person esp other people's kids, so good I'm not a preschool teacher, it's just not my calling. I DO however enjoy kids at teen age (middle school). But that's just me, I'm weird.
    Anonymous

• Awww.. Please. Let's be Nice here! Please!! We're all different and we're all special one way or another! Let's just answer the question! When someone says. someone might.. is probably true. There's a lot of someones out there. Back to the question . I do Love children. I love everyone's!! Children and babies represent hope for me! And Pure Miracles! Each special one!! All Babies and Children!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 5:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The only time I am not interested in other people's kids is when I don't know the kids personally or the parents really well. There are even some kids where I know the parents but don't know the kid and I am really thrilled to see pics of them....You can't just show off your kids all day long and expect everyone to be interested but not show interest in others in return.
    Anonymous

• I get excited for some of my friends kids. Family, like 98% of them . lol
    The only friends kids I don't get excited about are the ones who are let free to just go crazy all the time.
    The family kids I don't get excited for are the parts of family that are 'better than everyone else'. Its hard with them.

But all my neieces and nephews I LOVE to pieces!!
    Anonymous

• I don't get excited at all about other people's kids. I hardly have enough energy for my own, and i really can't stand my neice.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• That's self centered. I WISH I had nieces and nephews for my son to play with. Here he is, all alone without a playmate. My sister is newly married and I REAAALLY hope she has a baby soon so my LO can have a cousin and a niece/nephew to spoil. It's funny the things people take for granted.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2009