Do uncircumsized boys of circumsized dads really care that their penises don't look the same?

I'm anti-circ, my husband is pro. He thinks it's cruel for a boy's penis to not look like his dad's. I think this is a stupid line of thought.

Jmum

Asked by Jmum at 4:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Health

• It's a stupid line of thought. When they grow up if they want to look like their dad they can choose to have their genitals mutilated.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• a lot of woman find men that are uncirc to be "unclean" because it is harder for uncirc men to keep that area cleaned and smelling nice under the skin...so your son may as an adult hate you if hes turned down by woman because hes uncirc. I agree with dad.
    My son could not get circumsized until he was 9 months old because he did'nt have enough skin..the doctors said he probably would even need to be circumsized but i still chose to.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• omg circ can be done anytime if needed, and their penises will look different anyway. circ changes sex for a man too making him less sensitive.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I also think that's a stupid excuse. I don't really care for the "unclean" excuse, either. If it smells then he needs to clean more. Teach him proper hygiene and that isn't an issue. Lots of things on our bodies are different. If you don't make a big deal out of it, your son won't either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Just scare your husband with the very very small risks for cirking. That's what I did, to make him feel like he was sort of part of the decision.
    Anonymous

• I'm pro-educated choice... and I highly doubt the appearance matters.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• As far as I know they don't. My son has never asked about it and he's not circumcised. It's not like his dad held his up to my son's and showed out the differences. He keeps it clean. If cleanliness is an issue, I think I will take my 4 year old in and get her vaginal lips cut off so I could clean it easier and she doesn't stink. Yeah..that's what I am going to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Well lets see.... have I ever cared that my breasts looked different than my moms? Um, no. Not one bit. I dont see how it would matter.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 7:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My hubby and boys do not go around displaying and comparing their parts, and my kids have never noticed that they are different than dad. Frankly my hubby was against our boys having it done, and I did not see any reason why they should have it done. We both feel that they can be taught how to keep it clean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My boys are 10 and almost 12. They don't care if their penises look different from their dad's. They have never had an infection, they have never been harassed by other boys in the locker room, and they seem quite happy and content with the penises intact. They were horrified when they heard about circumcision in health class, though.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009