My ex husband treats!

He treats his girlfriends daughter better than his own daughter. He takes her places all the time, and when he does take our daughter somewhere, he asks her like she is the guest. For example" Would you like to go to the fair with Mary, Jennifer and I? He so much as brings his girlfriend and her daughter to his mom and dads house first, then starts to feel a little guilty and ask our daughter if she would like to come over. My daughter is starting to catch on. Has this ever happened to you and did the Biological dad regret how he handled things later on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Of course he takes the girlfriend's daughter places all the time. He is probably with her nearly all the time. If you would like to give him custody of your daughter then I think this wouldn't be an issue.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry if my answer sounded kind of mean. I was irritated at someone else. He has new people in his everyday life. That's just the way it is. If you make a big deal out of it your daughter will feel worse. If you tell your daughter it is no big deal it will help her feel better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• GET OVER IT. Okay that sounded mean, I'M REALY NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, but you can't CHANGE him...My dad NEVER treated us how we wanted. I'm 34, he doesn't call me or his grandkids on our bday, or even barely acknowledge us...ever. I have called them, visited them, invited them over, sent them stuff/cards on their bday, etc. I gave up, I'm 34 and I wont' hang on anymore. The earlier you teach your kids not to HANG ON to a LOSER (I mean what MAN does that?) the better. You get a NEW MAN in your dd's life, whether it be a bf, fiance, new husband, grandpa or what have you that treats her like a queen. JMO : ) Happy Halloween.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 5:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• oh btw, no, I don't think my dad regrets how he is as a father, I think I'll be 50 and he won't regret ignoring us. lol. And the other thing you can do is have dd have a talk with her dad and tell him how she feels, if he doesn't change, then he won't. His fault. Don't worry, and move on...good luck!
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 5:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My ex never seemed to regret how he treated our son as opposed to his new wife's children. In fact, he would try to blame me. He would tell my son that I wouldn't allow him to take our son on trips, that I didn't even know they had taken, he would tell him that gifts my husband and I bought for my son were actually from him because his child support paid for them, which didn't even come close to the truth. No, he doesn't regret it, but my son knows the truth, he created the relationship he has with my son, and he lost in the end (my son is 27)......all though I of course feel that my son lost as well. On the other hand, my father did much the same, and definitely regrets it. He's trying to make up for 20 years, and he can't get those years back, and although we all now have a good relationship, it's not the same as it should have been, and he knows that.

Your daughter knows that you love her, and that's all you can do...
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:55 PM on Oct. 31, 2009