Christians

How do you know what denomination is right for you? Is it because they make you feel more comfortable? Because they have the truth? Or a mixture? I wish it wasn't so hard ya know? I just wish it was christinity, not all these denominations that might lead us down a false path and unto damnation!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 4:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I suppose it has a lot to with how you are raised. I was raised Pentecostal .As an adult I have attended Charismatic,Methodist, Baptist , Church of God, Assembly of God, and Non-Denominational. -which is what my church is. It is hard to find the right church , one you feel at home at. I don't believe any one denomination has it perfect. The best way is to pray and ask the Lord to lead to the right church for you.then which ever dem. or church you choose make sure their teachings line up with the word of God.

Anonymous

• How do you know what denomination is right for you?
    I know none are that is why I am non-denominational.
    Is it because they make you feel more comfortable?
    That as well as I have of few different point of views from denominational.
    Because they have the truth?
    I feel I have the truth. Any body who says they know the truth w/o adding in my heart is lying.
    Or a mixture?
    So yes it is a mixture
    I wish it wasn't so hard ya know?
    Yes I know I would love to feel comfortable in a concregation.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Believe in Jesus. Confess your sins. Get baptized. Read your bible and do what it says. Jesus says if you love him you will obey his commands. Study His word often. Jesus says with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more. So study it good. If you look for a church, find one that doesn't have too many false doctrines. Go to a church to praise God, and to socialize.
    James 1:27 (New International Version)
    27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
    Anonymous

• It's about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You don't have to go to out to a church to have that. It's not about a building to go to once or twice a week. It's about a constant, everlasting oneness with the Father, God, and Jesus Christ, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
    Anonymous

• This article might help answer your question: How to find the true religion.

Jesus said, "Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it." Matthew 7: 13, 14.

You CAN find the Truth. xxx

WitnessingMama

Answer by WitnessingMama at 5:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Some of it was comfort some of it was theology. I started my faith walk in a Baptist denomination. They were very strict and oppressive. They also could not or would not answer my questions on some of their rules. When we settled in where we are now I was encouraged to ask questions, theology classes were offered as Sunday School electives. There was far fewer man made rules and much more preaching of the Word of God. The pastors were not seen as the only keepers of truth. Their status came more from their education but they would willingly say they don't know if they didn't know. So that is how I knew this was right for me.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2009