are any of you going to church before trick or treating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We go to our Harvest Party at Church every year and the kids play games and get candy but we don't have a service afterwards. We don't go trick or treating. We stay inside the church where it's safe and warm.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Even if we went to church we wouldn't go before trick or treating, I can't understand why anyone would. Trick or Treating isn't a sin
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Nope (but we never go to church) but we did go to a cemetery! :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• "We go to our Harvest Party at Church every year and the kids play games and get candy but we don't have a service afterwards. We don't go trick or treating. We stay inside the church where it's safe and warm."

I find it very funny that many Christians are now having "harvest parties" instead of celebrating Halloween. The origin of Halloween is as a Pagan festival to celebrate the harvest! Oh just loving the irony!
    Anonymous

• no.. but I'm not a believer either. Actually we didn't even end up going trick or treating. I was a little disappointed. My daughter started to get a runny nose and a slight cough this morning, and with it being so windy and rainy and cold, which of course made my daughter miserable. She wanted nothing to do with putting on her costume or anything, so instead we just rented a few movies and stayed in. Thankfully my DD's nose has stopped running, as has her cough. But she's only 22 months.. there are plenty more to come.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:53 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Of course, why would I not go to church if that was hte normal day to go to church? If there is a holiday or party going on I still go to church. The only time I dont go is if I am sick or I didnt wake up in time and its over lol.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No but part of my costume involved this pretty badass bracelet with a crucifix and the beads had the discples...it was 1.99 how could you pass that up! It completed my carina look. It started to poor something terrible though and I ended up looking more like the Virgen de Guadalupe than a carina though.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2009