Really, how long does it freakin take to renew your liscence?

DF's expires today and he wanted to go renew it. I asked him to take the baby. He left at like 2-2:30 and now it's 5:00 and no sign of him. Where the heck is he with my baby?!?!?!!?!? He said he was going to get a check from his mom so I called her cell phone, no answer, so then I called their house, no answer. We don't have cell phones so I have no idea where he is. He knows I worry.... like right now there a billion things running through my head of what could have happened to them, THEY COULD BE DEAD AND I WOULDN'T KNOW!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's why we have cell phones... but of course it doesn't help when they don't answer that one.

it's the 31st, There could be a LOT of people renewing stuff today. He could seriously have to wait that long.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Where I live, it is very common to wait 3-4 hours to renew. That's why we do the mail-in renewal so we can skip the lines. I don't know if they have that everywhere, though.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Back when we all had until the end of the month it was very easy to wait that long. Now they expire on your actual birth date (2, 15, whatever) and it's really cut down on line ups. That plus the fact that I can do it at the same place I get my vehicle insurance rather than a centralized DMV office. It generally takes me about 5 minutes max.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Well dumbass just HAD to go to the DMV and yes today is his birthday

OP
    Anonymous

• In my state they give you 90 days after your birthday to get it renewed. We did ours before our birthdays but the wait is only about 15 minutes here.
    Anonymous

• The best time to go to the dmv is real early in the morning. I got mine renewed after my birthday and it took me between 2 and 4 hrs just to get it renewed.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Depending on the day of the week 3-5 hours is pretty typical. Of course, ours are only open M-F.
    Anonymous