For Photographers: What editing programs do you use?

I'm always looking for new editing programs and wondering if anyone has good ones they use. I know how to use paintnet and photoscape but looking for others, especially to do color changes and merging pics.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I like using GIMP. It's a free downloadable program, just google GIMP and it will come up. I also use ArcSoft Print Creations when I want to do extra stuff to pics, it came with my Kodak EasyShare software. I want to get Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, but both are just way out of my price range right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I use Photoshop CS4. There's so much you can do with it, it's incredible.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I still use paint.net because it's free and I can't figure out GIMP. I did use Corel for a while and I loved but I couldn't afford it. I suppose when I do get around to purchasing a program though it will be photoshop since it's about the only program that has classes to fit into my major.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I like PaintShop Pro just cause it's been around a while and is familiar. I've merged two photos into one, altered colors, and airbrushed stuff out as well as the usual crop, resize etc. It's not cheap, tho.
    Mingo

Answer by Mingo at 2:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Liansmommie, I don't know how true this is or if it helps you at all in figuring out GIMP, but I've been told that it works like Photoshop. Not quite as good, but close.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:29 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• As a Photographer I use Adobe Lightroom for adjusting the development of my photos and then I use Photoshop Elements for the more creative things I like to do with my photographs. And if you are a student, Adobe offers a significant discount when you purchase their programs from their website.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 11:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2009