Invisible

Lately I feel invisible. I've found that when I write on professional blogs no one responds while other professionals get tons of comments. I'm not mean in my blogs...I probably lack confidence if anything. My picture is okay...I'm not a skinny supermodel. When I write on my social network no one ever responds even though all I post is positive info. It's as if I'm totally uninteresting. My friend though, always writes about being drunk or partying and posts pics depicting herself as super glamourous. She gets comments by the handful. In reality her life's a mess, she's always getting drunk or high to avoid dealing with real issues but has an "onine" life that appears really exotic. Do I have to lie and go to those lengths just to get noticed? Seems like nice always finishes last.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• try writing about something people can relate too.
    i notice that ALOT, people are doing good on the outside, but on the inside, thier a mess. and i guess alot of people can relate to that. i think also people are having hard times now a days. nothing to postive lately with my life and people around me.... =/
    good luck
    Anonymous

• Do you really feel like you need to have an online following to be happy? How's your real life?

We all like to have friends and feel loved. I would rather have those in real life, or at least people I know in real life on the internet rather than a bunch of strangers.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I do have those in real life. Don't be mean, please. I want my professional site as a site for exchanging valuable information with other professionals.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm I think you should go back and look at your blogs. Try to look at them from someone else's perspective -what do you see? Are they too wordy? Are they too technical? Are they boring? What are they about- is it something that would interest you if you came across it?
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Please don't take that the wrong why, I wasn't trying to be mean. I just don't understand why you value some strangers' opinions of your words so much. If you know your real life is great, but you don't get a lot of comments on facebook, then don't sweat it. Your friend's real life is screwed up so she's living in a fantasy land on the internet. The real thing is better, that's all I was saying.

Maybe it didn't come out that way, and I am sorry.

As far as exhanging information with other professionals, I can understand that, and I think MizLee had great points with that.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• MizLee, I think you have a point. My information does tend to be too factual and not always relatable. I had my friend review them and changed them up a bit and found myself exchanging information with some of the industry's best. Thanks!
    Anonymous