am i being unreasonable?

my husband is in the navy, and i understand that he works very hard. which is why i ask little of him around the house, and im cool with him going out on the weekends to his friends house to have a few beers....
but is it wrong of me to be upset that i ask him for one day, TODAY, to not go out? i dont understand why he always has to drink every fucken weekend. i dont get it, i am always cool with what he wants to do, he works hard to take care of us... which is why im so understanding about it. i enjoy being home. so i dont ask for much.
but i wish he can understand me once in awhile and be home when i want him home... sometimes i just wish he'd stay home and hang out with me. go grocery shopping with me, SOMETHING, but to him i ask to much.
he's at a friends halloween party while im stuck with 2 kids at home, and i feel lonely. this is how it always goes, is it wrong that i asked for one freaken day.... hes so selfish..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• that's crap. your right. my dh is in the army, works long hours but his down time is spent with his family. when we go out we go together sure i'll do things without him and he can do stuff without us but we usually spend the time together, as a family.
    Anonymous

• Personally, if my DH didn't give me at least one day a week, I would be gone. Its about respect, wanting to spend time with the person you married, ect. DH knows that and actually feels the same way. We are strange apparently, we like to spend time together, we like to do things as a family. If he wanted to act like he had no responsibilities at home, never wanted to do things with me, never gave me a break, nope, not gonna happen in this house.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 7:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• i feel like im getting to that point...
    i feel like his maid when he acts like that. i dont ask for much, that upsets me more than anything, i dont ask for much, and yet he cant give it... im really thinking of leaving and not tell him, he wants time to do what he wants, then ill give it to him. ill just leave for about 2 weeks, and see what happens then. if he doesnt change something, then ill just come back home and get my stuff and be gone. i want him to learn to appreciate me and the kids, and not take us for granted. i cant see any other way to fix it. we talked about it, but he just doesnt get it. he wont do marriage conseling, he wont do shit. im so fed up. and it hurts, to give my all, and nothing in return. it hurts so badly.... i would never dream of hurting him, and if i knew something was bothering him, i would def. make sure he's okay.
    Anonymous

• Well you are right for being PISS OFF. It is out of respect that he gives at least one day so what your saying is that he works comes home eats and sleeps and when he is not working he is running the roads and out drinking at some else home with his friends. He is very SELFISH and I would tell him he needs to choose family or friends cause his friends are more important then his family right now and you need to be the one to call him on his shit. Tonight is Halloween and you have two children I think you said and he couldn't even stay home to help you with the kids for trick or treating. I am sorry for saying this bu your hubby is a loser, dirt bag. Your better then that and you deserve better then him. Taking care of you or not you deserve to be loved and not being a married single momma.

Anonymous

• thanks for the back up ladies. im tired of it....all of it...
    im just glad im not to paranoid about this situation. i dont have anyone to talk to about this. im glad to know im thinking striaght. thanks again.
    Anonymous

• I'm with auroura. I coudn't handle it.

My husband works long, crazy hours sometimes as an Army Recruiter, and he still helps around the house, and with the kids.

And even though the other recruiters frequently ask him to go hang out and drink, he says no and comes home to me and the kids. We do most things as a family or as a couple, and on on occasion (like twice a year or less) he goes out with "the guys". Here, most of the guys who go out every weekend are divorced. I wonder why.

If he wanted to act like he was single, then he would be single.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2009