When should I have another baby? I need serious answers, please help.

Right now we have a 3 year old and a 7 month old. I've had 3 c-sections with one baby being a stillborn due to Trisomy 18, which can be genetic or just a rare occurance. We know that 2/3 children where healthy.... We've had 3 c-sections in 3 years though... lat 2006, early 2008 and 2009. We don' t want the last baby to be too far apart form the oldest one but we don't knwo if it's a good idea to push another c-section. It's NOT a option for VBA3C...
We're both in school but he's close to graduating and has a full time job already. i also don't knwo what my family would say. what do you think? I'm 23, btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think that it takes the average woman's body up to 2 years on average to recover from a healthy, normal pregnancy, labor and delivery.
    ...i'd wait at least 2 years.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• You need to think a little bit forward. How will you save money for retirement and three college educations?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• No more babies. Read my answer when you asked this question before.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• The question wasn't "IF" it was "when", my family is not complete. I want to have three but I don't think a lot of people understand what its like to lose one. Not that it would replace her, but it will complete me.
    Anonymous

• Do it when you and hubby are ready!! My kids are all close together. I am actually the healthiest I have ever been. I am pregnant with our 4th and the oldest will still be 3 years when this new one is born. Yes, your body may handle it better if you wait longer, but that doesn't mean it will be unhealthy for you if you have them close! As long as your doctor is comfortable with doing another c-section, I wouldn't worry about it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Three years apart worked for us. It also helped when it was time for college to have them spaced out a bit.

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I had a difficult pregnancy and a c-section also. My doctor recommended that we wait a year before trying for another.
    Jennei

Answer by Jennei at 12:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2009