Are Ouija boards dangerous?

Have you ever used one? If you have, did you get the results you were looking for?

Side note: I AM NOT going to use a Ouija board. I never have. And i don't own one or have any way of getting one, nor do i want one. I'm just curious on others perspectives of Ouija boards.

My understanding is that Ouija boards can be dangerous, but they can also be used correctly with positive results.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It can be dangerous if you don't use it right.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I have never used one. Growing up they were forbidden as tools to hang with Satan.

I have no desire to use one either.

Do I think they are dangerous...sure. In the right hands, all sorts of things can be dangerous.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I don't think they're dangerous. I don't even think it helps you contact the dead. I've used one before... not much really happened. I think it's the people who are using it that control it- or their subconscious does.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Ha, you were talking to my mom! lol!! ~ I have one and I use it all the time. And no, nothing dangerous has ever happened! Sometimes you get great results others nothing... It's like a radio that can switch channels all by itself. It's an open channel, but in most cases you'll end up with nothing. I think they are a great way to comune with those on the other side or things that reside in your home... Plus, they are some good spooky fun!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I personally don't' like them... Have I used one? No... not comfortable doing so... get really bad vibes from them...
    Now my dd's boyfriends' father bought one off line that no one wanted at a cheap price and found out it carried along with it a very bad/pist off spirit ... I told her to have him burn it... and I created a strong protection mix to go around her home to protect her and my grandchildren...
    It is different for each person, but I personally will not own or use one....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My friend had one and yes we used it. We channeled both demonic and angelic spirit thru it so yeah they can be dangerous I suppose. Moreso if you useit yourself. The "bad " spirit never liked me. I had "heavy hands". The angelic spirit she got when she used the board near the catholic church. It told her to destroy the board. I don't know I've always been skeptical about such things and while some weird stuff happened to her, prolly cause she used it alone, nothing really happened to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think it's just a mind over matter type thing. Everyone I talk to knows a friend of a friend of a friend who's had something weird happen to them with it. I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I suppose if it was made of wood and someone hit you in the face with it, it could be dangerous!
    Anonymous

• had one, used it lots when a teenager. nothing bad ever happened. it was a game. that's why its in the game isle.

if you "invite" bad spirits in by using a ouija, then you can "invite" bad spirits in simple by saying "come on in". It's not the board.
    Anonymous

• I think it's only dangerous if you hit someone over the head with one.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2009