how long did it take to get your body back after giving birth??

this is my first pregnancy i'm 21 and mostly all belly..

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 7:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Never. You will never have the exact same body. Some women bounce right back, some women never get back. Count on it taking you 9 months to get that way and it might take 9 months to get back to about what you were.

Breastfeeding helps. I always lost the weight by 2-3 months without trying.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I gained 20 lbs with my son, and lost it within 2 weeks. It took me a month or two to get my stomach toned back up (I was all belly too) Breastfeeding will actually help with that- the progesterone your body releases when you breastfeed help the uterus contract back to its normal size.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I weighted 112 when i found out i was preggo i delivered at 128 and 4 days n the hospital i weighted 117 and at my 6 week appointment i weighted 102. I am not even 5 feet tall

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Gailll is right- your body will never be EXACTLY the same again- stretch marks, bigger hips, bigger breasts. But depending on your body it might not take 9 months.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my first one took a year, my second i felt normal after a 2 weeks, and my 3rd is 5 months and i finally feel norm.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I lost the weight but the body changed forever. LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My daugher was born in Feb and I remember by April being ready for the beach. BF def does help but also excersising during your pregnancy and not giving into all your cravings helps by somewhat preventing it. I walked and did Denise Austin's pregnancy video almost everyday from 6 months on. I ran, walked, and did situps until about 4 1/2 months. My mom told me to give my body 9 months to get back and she is right. It took you 9 months to grow into that preggo body and now you have to find time to work out with a new baby. Try to be patient with yourself. Maybe you can find some post partum workout dvds that kind of focus on toning up the areas that had to "relax" during pregnancy. The Denise Austin video had a second part to it that was geared toward getting back in shape. GL and remeber to be patient with yourself.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• two days later i was back to my normal size...and my belly was back to normal 2 months later but i worked out all the time......im 21 and have 2 kids and it looks like ive never had kids before :) so if i can do it you can too good luck...btw i do yoga so try that :)
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 8:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• NEVER!! HONEY KISS YOUR BODY GOODBYE. I WAS 19 80LBS WITH MY FIRST SIZE 00. AFTER I HAD HER I WAS 112 SIZE 3-5. SECOND I WAS 118. AM NOW A SIZE 5. YOU NEVER GET YOUR BODY BACK. UNLESS YOU GET PLASTIC SURGERY. I DONT LOOK BAD. I ACTUALLY LIKE MY BODY NOW. MY BOOBS GOT BIG TOO LOL. AM 118 LBS NOW AND HAVE 2 KIDS. WITH MY FIRST I WAS 126 WHEN I DELIVER CAME OUT 112. SECOND 140 CAME OUT 124. I LOST WEIGHT FATS BUT I ALSO BF.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• it takes 9 months to get this way, and it takes at least 9 months to get back to feeling somewhat normal.
    don't rush it.. accept it, embrace motherhood
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 9:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009