Is this a form of mind games? Please I really need to know...

He says mean things for instance "you only moved here to be with me because you were at rock bottom, you could never of made it because of me. that is why you are still with me, just because of the money". well that is so not true. When I moved here I had my own apartment, I had a job and I had my own vehicle. I moved down here to be with him because I love him. that is why I am still with him. I am crazy about him. Well, that really hurt me. Then he said that he really didnt mean it he just said it to get my attention. Well, he is always doing this. I consider these to be mind games. I told him that I cant handle them anymore...but he continues to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to tell him if that is really how he feels then he shouldn't be with you because those things are far from true. If he is just playing a mind game that should stop it pretty quick. I would go on to tell him that you really truely love him and do not appreciate him making u feel that way.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It actually sounds like he's insecure and is saying things that he might feel to be true. He might really be scared that you did just move there because of the money and not to be with him.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It sounds like he is trying to make you feel dependent on him. He probably feels if he tells you enough you will believe it. He wants to have the upper hand on the relationship.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Maybe he's stressed out about finances? Do you need to get a job to help out?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It sounds like he is really insecure. He is playing mind games, but not how you think. He wants you to keep telling him that you love him and that it's not just for the money. You shouldn't have to tell him this, he should already know. He is scared, but can't say it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• He sounds rather insecure to me. This isn't about you; it's about his issues.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 11:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Then laugh at him and agree with him. He's just being mean. It's too silly to get upset over.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Yes, they are mind games. He's insecure. You need to let him know that he's driving you away. Insist he get counseling for his insecurity or you WILL be driven away.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2009