Trick or treating: If your kids went out, how did they turn out? How many trick or treaters did you get?

My 3 year old had one of those pumpkins with the handles and it was about 3/4 full. Plenty of candy for a 3 year old especially to share with her pregnant momma lol. But I barely got any trick or treaters! We were back by 7:30 and I flipped on the lights, and turned everything off at 9, in that hour and a half we got maybe 8 rings from the doorbell. I just kept telling everyone to keep taking it so I wouldn't have so much left over! Seems like they get less and less every year.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Started at 6pm, got home at 7:30. Our boys were bored with it and tired. It's funny, they don't get to excited about it. We live in the country so no trick or treaters. Our boys had more fun when we went to trick or treat street in town last night. All the businesses gave out candy and the people were all dressed up.Tonight I think maybe 2/3 houses on the street had lights on so we did a lot of walking... I was happy when they said they were ready to go home... Oh well HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE, we don't have to do it again until next year!! WooHoo!!! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We went, but there was just nothing going on in our neighborhood. We had 4 houses that were giving candy, one of which was my parents! There was a church that was supposed to be doing trunk or treat, but they didn't say what time and we ended up missing it. We tried to go to a haunted house, but they weren't going to open until 8:30, and the kids were already bored with it. My kids are apparently the only kids in the neighborhood or at least the only ones that trick or treat, b/c we saw NO ONE else.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We went out but we were some of the only people out there! My mom said they only got about 30 kids (she lives 3 houses from us) total...they passed stuff out from 6-8 and then it died off in a big way. My kids made out quite well! We just hit the one street (my parents'), so about 2 blocks but we have 2 pumpkin buckets full of treats! Only about half are kid approved, though...lots of people handing out taffy, jaw breakers, and super chewy candy bars! Oh well...more for mommy and daddy, I guess!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We left our candy out so that people could grab some as they came by. It was empty when we got home (we were only gone for about 45 minutes) but I'm quite certain that our neighbors were the ones that emptied it.

Anyway it's still early here- luckily I had some extra candy stashed away so if more people come- we're ready :)
    Anonymous

• I left out a bowl with 2 bags of candy. It was gone, bowl included. Thanks, some butthole teenager, for stealing my only pumpkin bowl. I hope the excess candy gives you diarreah.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My son is only 14 months so we didn't go out. However, we only had like 30 kids. Last year we had over 100. The weather definitely slowed the kids down this year. Now I'm stuck with a ton of candy!!
    Anonymous

• My kids did okay, we went to my grandpas neighborhood since it's a little nicer than ours and there were hardly any lights on. We walked about 3 miles total but both my kids filled their pumkin buckets.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My kids did okay. It was cold outside so we only went out for about an hour. After we went through the candy, we recycled the candy corn, bit o honeys, and chocolate tootsie pops for teenagers who don't bother to put on a costume. They show up at the door in their regular clothes and a Pick N Save bag.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We were only out for about an hour, they made out like fat rats. We live in the country so we have to drive into town to trick or treat, we left out a few goodie bags, they were all gone and we had a few thank you notes in the bowl..that was nice.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2009