Am I being presumptuous?

Ok, Hubby and I are separated and are trying to work on our marriage b/c we love each other, but I refuse to move our daughters and me back in with him when I feel there are some things that he needs to work on in order to be a better man/husband. One of them being playing a better role in our daughters' lives. He hasn't seen them in a while (usually comes to see me when they are sleep so we can have some time to talk out our differences) and I asked him to come and help me take our daughters trick or treating. I waited all day and he doesn't show, so he eventually calls and says that he was in the hospital b/c he had an infection that got serious and of course I think he's lying b/c I'm use to him breaking his promises. I checked the number he called from and it was from the hospital but I'm thinking it's such a coincidence that it happened today and I think it's a poor excuse and he's lying. (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that it sounds like he had a legitimate medical issue, and it would be pretty harsh to hold it against him. It sounds like you are angry about a lot of other things and when you feel that way it's hard to muster up compassion. I say let this one go, if he's sick - he's sick. Give him another chance, but of course don't be a doormat and if he keeps dropping the ball then he'll need a serious wake up call. He absolutely needs to take part in some activities with you and the kids all together. He can't prove that he can be a part of the family without showing it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• OP ( I don't know why it posted anon) To be honest he did say earlier this week that he had a bad infection but in my eyes this is just another let down of his and I'm tired of excuses. Should I let this one go?
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think that him coming to see you once his children are in bed is WRONG, I think you two need to work your issues out and don't move back in together just yet when he can keep his word to your children and you then I would see a change. But people don't just change over night or in a week or even a month so stay apart for know and see if he changes his ways and stay true to his word.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I'm not going to until I see a definite change and I let him know it too...but umm...what about my question?
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• 2 words for you ..... Marriage Counselling
    Anonymous