5 second rule? do u follow? yes or no? just curious

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ok...i live with a man and a boy..there are is no time contraints in this house. in fact, they're both like dogs..they'd knock each other out to get whatever fell to the floor!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• at home yea. i know my floors are clean because yours truly cleans them! infact we had a 5 second rule moment today! but anywhere else, hell no.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Even though the floors are clean, I still have two kids, two dogs and a husband that trample all over them- so no, I don't do it. But my husband wouldn't have a problem with it!
    presleyfan1

Answer by presleyfan1 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• depends on what it it. sloppy pizza-no, hard candy-yes, only at home.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• No.. my son isn't allowed to eat anything off the floor regardless of whether it just touched or stayed there, Gross!
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 10:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• THEHAIRNAZI that is hilarious!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• the funny thing is that once something hits the floor- even if it is 1 second or 10 seconds, it most likely is just as contaminated... BUT i agree with the other moms- at home where you are ok with your dirtiness, then it ends up happening. It still is actually kinda gross anyways and would really be if we all lived in CSI labs and stuff, lol!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 10:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• well i also figure my 10 month old spends all day crawling on the floor, picking up toys off the floor and sticking her fingers/toys in her mouth. it would be nearly impossible to clean her hands everytime before she wants to stick them in her mouth, id drive myself and her crazy doing that. so its really no different if my 3 year old drops a cracker on the floor and picks it up before i even have time to turn around.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• and i dont have pets so thats not an issue.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Sometimes, yes, depending on what fell and if I can remember the last time I steamed my floor. If I can't remember steaming it, no 5-second rule.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2009