so how was trick or treating? did the kids get a good candy stash? And for those who gave out candy- did you get a decent amount of kids?

We went up and down 2 blocks and got a decent amount of candy but the best treat was from the house handing out stacks of books as treats, and we got home early to hand out candy and no one showed up! can u believe hubby bought 4 giant bags of mixed candy and no one came trick or treating here? ugh very frustrating lol

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• This year was about one of the best years we've had so far... Seem like more people were getting into Halloween this year, nearly triple the houses and double the kids trick or treating than i'm used to seeing. It was great.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 9:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• yeah? where we went to there were alot of kids but our neighborhood, even though there are lots of kids living here, they just didn't come out this year! weird

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We had a great time! For a change, it wasn't raining, or freezing cold, but comfortable, and alot of the houses we visited really went all out on decorations! Got a good candy stash, and I'm hoping it will last at least a couple of weeks.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• we started 20 minutes late and ended about an hour and 10 minutes early because it started pouring. so in a half hour i would say our son made out ok. he actually got alot of full size candy bars. one house even gave him 2. i didnt see many kids out this year...
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We handed out 3 bags of candy. I love the book idea, I may borrow that next year.
    Anonymous

• Our kids had a great time! They got a lot of candy (and we were only out about an hour or so, maybe a little longer) and we went with some of their friends as well, so they had a lot of fun.
    GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 10:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My kids did pretty good! This was our first year in a different neighborhood. We always go to the same place with the same people (only about 5 min away) but this year we decided to go around our new neighborhood and I was very happy :) We headed out after dinner ( 5:45ish) and we were home by 7. The kids were in bed by 8 and I got to sit and rest, over all a very good night!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We brought home our fair share as far as I think but we didn't have many at our door and they were early middle teens which don't get me wrong that is fine just no little angles or pumpkins or fairies....
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• We got our fair share of munchkins.miciozucca

Anonymous

• I handed out candy this year (no kids yet, they're still in the oven ;) )
    I got my first trick or treater at 330pm and the last at 730pm. The curfew is 8pm here, but I didn't see any after 730. It seems like there are less kids every year. When I was a kid, the streets were packed with kids. I didn't even get 15 this year :( Oh well, looks like hubby and I have a stash of chocolate bars and gummies LOL
    Mom2twins2010

Answer by Mom2twins2010 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2009