Do you have an accent? What is it?

I have a southern accent, but it gets worse as the day goes by or if I'm super tired.
What about you?

presleyfan1

Asked by presleyfan1 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when I go outta state people say I have a accent..... I'm from south jersey... my whole fam is from philly! Go PHILLIES!!!!! Wooooo Whooooo!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I only have one when I go down south, LOL! I, apparently, have a northern accent :) I'm from MI
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I don't think I have an accent. I may and no one has told me!?
    Anonymous

• I don't have an accent, but when I meet new people, they know I'm not from around here, maybe due to my lack of accent.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. I moved here as an adult, so yes, I still have a strong accent. I consider myself totally fluent in English. My accent does get stronger after having a few drinks, when angry or upset, and yes, if I am tired.

While most people love my accent (or so they say! lol), some people do find a way to mock it or make comments that are offensive. Those are mostly people who may be upset or mad at me for some reason. I am not easily offended by it. Most people that make fun of my accent, if they are my friends and close to me, do it just for fun.

I know I could have probably worked in getting rid of it, but why? It is part of who I am. And when I was single, most men found it sexy...(wink,wink!). So, I am proud of who I am, and my accent is part of it.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 10:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• people say i sound like Carrie Heffernan from king of queens,lol i grew up in brooklyn, ny
    Anonymous

• We moved to mid-MO and they all sound like they have a bit of an accent. I'm from East Central MO and I didn't think we did until I was told by someone I sound like I'm from St. Louis,lol Whatever that means... My Hubby's from England and has an awesome English accent... I could listen to him all day,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Joyzee.
    Anonymous

• Yes and I really hate it when people point it out but as pp said men think it's sexy.
    Anonymous

• I'm from Eastern Kentucky and I have what some people would call a "hillbilly" accent. I used to try to water it down to sound more "normal", but I've decided that I'm proud of my heritage. My parents always told me that I didn't need to change my accent as long as I used proper grammar. I never say "ain't", or "you was" or anything like that. I do, however, pronounce "I" as "ah"!
    Momincollege23

Answer by Momincollege23 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 31, 2009