Has anyones babies actually recieved the vaccine?

I was in this great debate with myself over what to do and then i realize...I cant get a vaccine even if I wanted to b/c there are none. Im wondering if anyone else arond the country has had their infants get the vaccine or not and if they reacted at all or just the same as any other vaccine. I have read article after article but I have really heard rather little about any young babies actually reciving the shot or anyone at all, besides for a woman who was paralyzed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Which vaccine are you talking about? Im really confused by your wording...
    Anonymous

• im 24 i got the swine (h1n1) vac and my lil girl did too she is 17months now. we got it friday,,it has the same effects as the regular vacs do. its achance u gotta take i gess. if u have had the regular flu shot then u wont have any other side affects then hat shot.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• ah sorry i meant swine flu....of course. tend to forget any other ones exist these days haha!
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• maybe my area just doesnt have vaccines right now, they are stillon pregnant and chronic conditions this week.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• my cousin just got her 6 month old the vaccine and she has had no problems w it but im still not gettin my 7 month old vaccinated just bc i dont know if there are any long term effects and i dont want to take the chance
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My daughter won't be getting it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My older girls (7 yrs and 13 yrs) both took the seasonal and h1n1 vaccines and have had absolutely no problems - because my 7 yr old is below age 9 and this is her first time to have the vaccine, she'll have to return for a booster. My 3 yr old and 8 month old seasonal ONLY - I'm not willing to give them live vaccines.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I'm assuming you're talking about H1N1? It is not approved for babies under 6 months. For aged 6months-2 years there is an injection, for children older than that they usually get the flumist for H1N1 nose spray. I REALLY debated on whether or not to get this vaccine for my son, who is 11 months old. Babies under the age of 2 are at high risk for swine flu, and I don't know about some people, but I'd rather not have my son be sick when I can totally prevent it. I finally decided to get him the vaccine. The needle was tiny, he took it well, and had no side effects to it at all.
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 4:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I do not believe vaccines work so regardless of which vaccine you are talking about-my son has NOT had it. Before giving any vaccine I would read the manufacturers insert and check out the ingredients.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Your problem is you're reading articles, not published studies.

Obviously, there are people in the country who have had their infant vaccinated or it would be all over the news that not one single infant is being vaccinated.

The reaction would be the same reaction if they had received this vaccine before. You cannot compare a possible reaction to THIS vaccine with other vaccines received.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2009