Could someone explain this to me?

I have heard talk about the US sovereignty being signed away. I know or think this has something to do with the climate change bill. But just don't understand it. Please explain this to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not real sure, but I am guessing it has to do with the bill being an international or UN thing. If we sign it we place ourselves under the authority of an international governing body. Therefore, in matters the bill covers, we are not soverign but would have to "bend to the will" of other nations even if we disagreed. Again, I am not sure what you are talking about, but that is the only way we could lose our sovereignty by signing something.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It's the tin foil hat brigade. No one is signing away this country's sovereignty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I have listened to a host of international affairs specialist discuss this. They advise that the climate bill puts into the works the need for the US to be required to go before a global group for the approval for a whole laundry list of domestic issues. They also discussed that signing the tready doesn't mean we are bound to the tready. For that to happen, the tready has to be radified by Congress and Congress rarely radifies most treaties. However, this Congress probably would. The Congress that is going to be may not.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Sovereignty is the supreme political power to rule . So by signing the us is giving the international community the ability to set rules that we must abide by. And there doesn't have to be a reason for the laws to change.Thus, Making a One government, instead of what we are now. Our freedoms will be gone. And Yes without a doubt Obama will sign this. He is all for a one government. Get ready folks.
    Anonymous