how to know when the pain is normal?

I'm 7 months pregnant and when I went to my check up yesterday I found out I lose 10 pounds. Now I just got home from taking my son out trick or treat and I'm in pain. My body hurts from head to toe and can't move or walk. I can barely breath and my back hurts the most. I dont know if this pain is normal for just walking 2 blocks with my son and I did have to pick him up every once in a while. He is only 29 pounds and 16 months. My boyfriends want to take me to the hospital but I hate going when it could be nothing wrong. Help me please!

i_am_ur_kittie

Asked by i_am_ur_kittie at 10:30 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 6 mo and I fel the pain too! I literaly feel like some one kicked me between the legs, lol! I think you are probably "fine" and just feeling it!! I wouldnt go to the hos[ital either, I would feel silly if nothing was wrong! Just rest and if you are still in pain then cal your doctor and see what they say, good luck :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Unless you are exaggerating a great deal, that doesn't sound normal. Or maybe you are someone that doesn't handle pain well. What you describe sounds severe! I had extreme lower back pain with my first pregnancy and it hurt to do anything - it was kidney stones. I have never heard what you described. You may need to call your doctor. Generally they have an answering service or emergency number to call.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• That sounds excessive to me too. With both of my pregnancies- at 7 months I was either waitressing or still walking 5 miles most days. You should be pregnant- not crippled.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• If the pain is "flooring you" where you can't walk - then it's time to call the doc or go to the hospital.

Just remember - it's better to go in a hundred times with a false labor or nothing's really wrong - then to not go in once when something is wrong.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2009