normal temperature?

My DD went to the walk-in clinic with a temp of 100.8 yesterday (new mom..so i didn't know). They gave her some meds because of the low grade fever, boogers in her nose, and a little cough. Over night her fever went away, and it stayed away the rest of today. I took her temp rectally a couple of times tonight, just to check.. and it said like 97.7 and 97.9. Is that okay do you think? I would call the pediatrician but he STILL hasn't called me back from last night after she threw up her meds..
i'm prob just being paranoid..but im curious. thanks

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes thats normal. no question is a stupid one(especially for first time parents!!!). i'm just shocked that the doc didn't make sure youunderstood when to call or come back in if the fever got worse or stayed the same! babies temps are the same as ours; so anything above 100.4 is cause for concern, anything below 99 is considered normal, but needed to be watched if 99 or above but below 100.3( thats when you get the infant tylenol).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Thank you so much! I figured she was probably fine, but I just wanted some opinions. I might write down what you said! lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 11:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• Not everyone measures at exactly 98.6. My family of 5 all measures something different slightly below there.
    Anonymous

• How old is your baby? If she is under 3 months old those temps are too low you need to warm her up. If they continue to be low then she needs to be seen by a doctor, in young babies they don't always have fevers when they are sick... sometimes they go the other way.
    If she is an older baby then I wouldn't worry about it...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• She is almost 4.5 months
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 8:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2009