Did you hear?

Republican candidate Dede Scozzafava has quit the race.

Does anyone think Sarah Palin's endorsement of Hoffman helped him lead Scozzafava?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am glad she backed out. I don't think Palin's support alone helped IMO. A lot of Libs do forget a ton of Repubs like Palin and follow in toe with her, so her endorsement could have had a big impact.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• How could that be? The polls say that no one likes her.
    Anonymous

• Yea, I don't think Palin did much, alone. I think it was the others who followed Palin to added to the cause for Hoffman. But I found this Bloomberg article interesting the way the put slightly more emphasis on Palin's endorsement than the other articles I have read... Just curious to see what others thought.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I think since I Don't live in that district, I don't care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No. Palin's endorsment did not help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Anonymous
    I think since I Don't live in that district, I don't care.

I think that since this race is indicative of what is gong to happen in 2010, you SHOULD care, as it WILL be coming to a district that you DO live in! LOL

Actually, no, forget that I said that, you just sit back and ignore the mid-term elections--I have a feeling we don't want your vote anyway! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Exactly Lorikeet.... But I think some Obama supporters have that simple minded attitude of if it isn't a big election and it doesn't directly impact them? They simply don't care. Which is why some Obama campaigners are worrying about mid term voter turn out.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I commend her. She understood that staying in the race would split a vote. Ross Peroe stayed on the ballot and Clinton was voted in. I believe he did that so Clinton would be elected. Good for her to be gracious and bow out when she knew she had no chance to win.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2009