Do you ever get over your first love?

Me and my first love broke up like 5 years ago, and recently all I do is think about him, and even dream. I don't remember why we broke up, but we were friends for a while before we got together. I miss him as a friend, but I don't know whats wrong with me. I had a dream about him one night 2 months ago and it still wont let up. What the hell is wrong with me.

LnAsMom16

Asked by LnAsMom16 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• NO you will never get over him I've been in love with a guy for almost 7 years and we broke up like 5 or 6 years ago but I think we're ment to be together because I met him after my cousin was killed and it was like my cousin sent him here for me he moved back where I live a few years ago to be with me but I got married and had a kid but I WILL always love him and maybe one day we'll be together again.
    Anonymous

• I think you always feel something for them, and kind of wonder what if. I actually got back together with my first love recently, and ended up finding out that he's...unbalanced. I broke up with him, but I still find myself sometimes thinking about him and wishing things could have been different. I've moved on and am dating, but still wonder. I think it's normal.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:49 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• My first real love was my husband. I had other boyfriends I thought were love. Not until I met my husband did I know real love. I don't think about my ex's even my ex fiance. They are my past and clearly no one I belonged with. My husband and kids are my life and I live in the hear and now with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• No you will always have feelings for him. I Have never gotten over mine. I was like you, I could not remember why we broke up and I missed him terribly. I almost ruined things with my Dh when he came back into the picture for a couple of months. I though I wanted to be back with him and give it another try. It didn't last 2 days because after being back with him I quickly remembered why we were not right for each other and why I love my dh with all my heart. He also remembered because we ended it on great terms. I am just lucky that my amazing dh understood and we were able to get back together. There will always be a part of you that will think what if, but I can promise you that if you act on those feelings you will see why it ended and you will ruin the great relationship you have now. Its just not worth it. It ended for a reason. Try to remember that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2009