Have you ever been on a break/seperated from your SO/Husband? Did you work things out? How long before you got back together? Any other details?

My fiance and I have decided to "take a break", we both truely love eachother and know we want to be together, it's just his work is really getting in the way right now. He hopes within the week things will be different, and I just would love to read stories of other couples who have survived a seperation. Add as much detail as you feel comfortable adding! The more the better! Thanks!

BellaRose17

Asked by BellaRose17 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I were separated for 4 months. We though that we wanted to end it but we found that we were spending everyday together. I don't know if he went out with anyone else and to be honest I would not want to know. We did not separate to fix our marriage, we separated to end it. We did not have sex while separated but we ended up spending more time together then we did when we were together. We kissed and touched more. (Not in a sexual manner.) Our separation showed us that we really did want to be together, we did truly love each other, and we could make it work. We never expected to get back together when we ended it but we grew closer and our marriage became stronger. It has been 4 years since that faithful "breakup" and we have had our problems but we now know that we can work through anything. The day that he moved back home was a total accident. He came to talk and never left again. Have hope. You can make it:)
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If you truly love each other, and his work is "getting in the way" of your relationship, how will a break help? I was w/ my ex for 2 years. He's my daughter's father. Throughout our relationship he cheated constantly, and lied, and disrespected me. About a month before the baby was supposed to be here, I told him I wanted to take a break so that he could figure out how much I really meant to him. I said lets take a break so you can figure out what you want. If you want to have sex with all kinds of women, then we aren't going to be together But if you love me, and want to be with me, then you'll prove that to me. So we took a break. I spent everyday at home in my room, crying, and wondering what he was doing. I'd call him and tell him I loved him, and he'd be with other girls. I'd beg him to stop hurting me, and he'd just brush me off. Eventually I said, screw it, I'm not gunna waste my time crying. So I met someone WAY better
    Anonymous

• i didnt survive my seperation and my husband cheated on me,hes moving out and doesnt love me anymore..i hate men
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My hubby and I have seperated a few times throughout the 3 yrs we've been together. And I couldn't stand being away from him so we would talk over the phone and we worked things out and he let me come back.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I took a 2 week break with my boyfriend about a year after we started dating. We weren't having problems except for him not being about to tell his parents about us. He knew they would not approve so he was afraid to tell them. I told him to take a break and think about if he really wanted me as a long time girlfriend/wife. If so then he would have to tell them. I asked him to decide if telling them and upsetting them was worth it. We didn't have any contact the whole 2 weeks, no phone calls, nothing. I believed it helped. He realized I was totally worth it and he told his parents right away.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2009