Clinic Forbids Muslim Doctor to Wear Headscarf....

In the article the woman (the dr) is trying to say that it violates her civil rights and that its discrimination. I dont see how. They are perfectly willing to give her the job mo matter he r sex or religion, they are just saying that she has to follow hospital policy and remove her head covering because the rule is no one can wear a head covering of any kind, and (of course) they are suing. I don't think this is right. Why should this individual get to change the rules of an entire hospital because of her beliefs. She can choose to work somewhere else or she can choose to follow the hospitals guidelines. The hospital is not the one discriminating here. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• I very much do agree w/ this woman. It's part of her faith. I hope she wins and the policy is changed to show this excemption
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:44 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• But wearing the hijab is part of her religion, it's like a Jew wearing a yarmulke or a Christian wearing a crucifix. I have a Muslim Dr and her hijab has never gotten in the way of her treating me. If they are saying that a hijab (or yarmulke or turban or any other religious head covering) is banned then they are discriminating based on religion. The only reason she wears the hijab is because of her religion, if she had different beliefs she wouldn't wear one and it wouldn't be an issue. But she is muslim, does wear one and it is an issue.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2009

• I totally agree with canadianmom1974.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• I don't think she should wear it unless it is provided by the hospital and matches the scrubs and can be sterilized. I am not against her faith, she should be able to wear something over her hair. But it should be able to be sterile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• She has to abide by a dress code... If she gets her head scarf then the home depot guy should get his job back! I will quote someone from here I am sure you will be familiar with it.

"if it against policy, he she has a choice, remove it or find another job."

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i side with the hospital 100%
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• "if it against policy, he she has a choice, remove it or find another job."

So funny people only want the rights of other religions protected they hate the Christian faith and don't care he was discriminated against over policy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Perfect example of this is the Christmas tree. Why change the name of it? Because of the relgious ties it has. Just as wearing the hijab for the muslim women. Is it her religious belief and should not be imposed on others. I totally agree with this.
    Anonymous