anyone know bout comps?? i tried burning a cd and it says " please insert a blank cd" ...well it IS blank...

ive tried many diff cds.... it just wont work...

any ideas??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• probably needs to be formated first.

im not sure if i remember how to do this. But my sis's computer required this before it would burn a cd
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Maybe your cd drive is dirty, idk too much about computers either though, lol. GL.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• i just burned a cd from it the other day, and used the same type of disc... it just suddenly stopped working...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Is it burners or players that need the cd to be either a + or -? I'm pretty sure that with our last computer we had to have a certain kind of cd, either a + or - in order for it to be compatible with our burner, if we had the wrong kind it wouldn't burn. Could that be it?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• my husband said take some duster and spray in the inside of the drive, it might be some dust on the lens. Hes a computer tech. He said if it doesnt work, it might have gone bad, and you'll have to get it replaced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• You may have something already on the disk. Are you sure it's blank? Or you may need to reformat the disk.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 12:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Mine does this now. I don't know if it's dirty of I just have killed the burner. *Sigh*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2009