Anyone live in Portland?

What's it like? How much are houses there? What about Beaverton? I have experience with San Francisco, New York, and San Diego.

MiniBabysMommy

Asked by MiniBabysMommy at 12:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I live close to portland. Oregon City actually. It is prettynice here, but I would never want to live IN portland. It is way to crowded. Beaverton is good, but still too crowded if you ask me,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2008

• I used to live in Beaverton, it was nice, parts are overcrowded and parts of it are still pretty nice and rural. Bethany area out towards the hills is nice. We bought a very nice house there for about $150,000. I believe the same houses are now selling for around $300,000.00. There are lots of parks and it is very close by train to downtown Portland. I liked it a lot there.
    fairy74

Answer by fairy74 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2008

• If you liked SF you will love Portland. Portland has a lot of the charm of San Francisco (street fairs, good restaurants, funky shops) but is much more family friendly. You can find a festival or street fair somewhere in the Portland area almost any weekend in July or August.

I grew up in Beaverton and it is nice. Beaverton does not have the urban feel that Portland has and is very suburban. If you like Walnut Creek you will like parts of Beaverton. Housing is a lot less than the cities that you mentioned but still higher than other parts of the country. You can still get new/almost new homes for under $200 in out lying areas such as Scappoose or St Helens.
    chleocatra

Answer by chleocatra at 10:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009