When you got married...

How much was your overall budget? I'm aiming for 2500. But it's so hard. We dont want something huge, huge. But something flashy. Were mainly spending money on attire, and flowers. 1 bridesmaid, 1 groomsman. 1 flowergirl, 1 ring bearer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• I don't remember exactly how much my wedding was, under 5,000$. And most of that was my dress and the bridesmaids dresses (we bought 5 dresses total). We got Dh's Tux at Goodys for 80$. We did my sisters wedding on about 1000$ though. My mom made her dress. Make all your own food. My mom went to a local butcher shop and got 100 servings of ham for 100$ then we made all of the other side dishes. Also utilize friends/family that have recently been married. My cousin got married a few months before I did and we used alot of her left over decorations. We also got all of the flowers really cheap and did them ourselves. We happened to go into Hobby Lobby one day while all of the flowers were like 70% off. After my wedding we just had a simple dinner the basement of the church. For my sisters wedding we all went out to her house in the country and had a big bon fire for the recption.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i spent about a thousand... 300 for photagrapher (got lucky and found a professional that was just getting into the wedding buisness) 350 for food (had my reception at Johnny Carinos..cheap and no clean up) 400 for a dress.

i had a pretty simple wedding outside
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• What about your husband? Did he already have a tux?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• We had a small wedding outside. Our photography was free. I don't remember what we spent on food but it was around 200 i think and many of our guests brought food for everyone too (wasn't planned that way though). spent 200 for a dress.
    But our wedding was on a beach and we reserved it. And we had the reception in the town hall. Plus we had traveling (gas) expenses sense we had to drive 4-5 hours out of town.

...well, we spent about 7000 for EVERYTHING. including the honeymoon.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• my husband decided on a suit.

My mom was the one who convinced me to spend 400 on a dress or i never would have lol

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• no joke 250 dollars. $80 for my dress. $50 dollars for the man who married us. $13 for my shoes(maybe), $25 for my flowers. my hubby just wore a white button up shirt and some tan slacks and a tie(all of which he already had)..and about $30 for dinner(me and him only..noone else came to eat) and then $50 dollars for our hotel room for one night. we didnt spend a fortune on our wedding. it was the love that mattered. we just wanted to be married..not waste all of this money which could be used to start out our lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Wow. After reading this I feel like a brat. My wedding was way more expensive then everyone posted put together. Didn't matter much though because my parents paid for everything but the honeymoon which was a gift from DH's parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Ours was about $700 not including the rings but including the reception and all the fees. Hubby's aunt is a seamstress so I bought all the material for my dress and bridesmaids dresses and she made them. A friend offered to make the silk flower arrangements if I bought the silk flowers. The men rented tuxes, about $50 each, nothing fancy. I have an aunt/cousins that provided the organ/piano/flute music. The minister was my uncle. We were married a week before Christmas so we utilized the church decorations, adding a few pine boughs cut from our own trees and birchbark candleholders, again from one of our own trees. We provided our own food for the buffet style reception. Friends kept the tables filled with meatballs in sauces, salads, deli meats & cheese & buns. I decorate cakes and did my own wedding cake.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Our wedding was at least $250-$300. We had no dance and didn't want one anyway. My grandma's pastor married us so it was a quick ceremony at the Presbyterian Church which I love (hubby and I are Catholic). Our invites and thank you notes from WalMart were on clearance. Our unity candle was from the local Hallmark store. The 2 candles you light it with were from the Family Dollar store which were 2 for $1. We had no real flowers, just used artificial. One of my bosses does a side job doing floral arrangements as well as bridal so she did mine as a present although my mom and I bought the flowers. The wedding and grooms cakes were homemade and a friend decorated. A friend printed the invites. The shoes I wore I already had. The dress I got had Herbergers. I refused to wear a dress I was only gonna wear once. My hubby wore a dress shirt and slacks. His friend dressed like my hubby and my friend wore a nice dress.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• um...the only things we are buying is a cake, food, and clothing....and not even something crazy...my mom is a grant writer at her local fire hall and has access to the banquet area...food chances are we can make our own. The cake we wants something particular but my friend does em and she's faboosh. Everything like flowers and such I am making myself because I know what WE want. I don't need some idiot getting involved and changing everything.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2009